EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM PROVIDED BY YOUR UNION
Your union wants to remind you of an important benefit for NewsGuild members and their families who have activated their Teladoc account.
If you needed another reason to activate your Teladoc account, here it is – HealthAdvocate. Members who have activated their Teladoc account will have 24/7 access to Licensed Professional EAP and Work/Life Counselors, free of charge, who can provide confidential, short-term support with a wide range of Personal and Work/Life issues. In a crisis, emergency help is also available 24/7.
HealthAdvocate is a service provided at no cost to you by The NewsGuild. Eligible employees, their spouses, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law can all take advantage of this valuable service. Your privacy is protected. HeathAdvocate follows careful protocols and complies with all government privacy standards. Your medical and personal information is kept strictly confidential.
To access HealthAdvocate, simply call 877-240-6863 and let the Counselor know you are with the NewsGuild Teamsters Local 830 if you currently have healthcare coverage through PMN, or if you have opted out of healthcare coverage at PMN, use NewsGuild of Philadelphia. A Counselor will intake information and assist you. No additional registration or sign up to access HealthAdvocate is required.
Please read the attached brochure for more detailed information.
Haven’t activated your Teladoc account yet? Get started here: member.teladoc.com/registration. Spend 5 minutes now so when you do need a doctor for you or a loved one you will already be registered. Each of your dependents in your household over the age of 18 will be required to set up their own account. Once you are activated, you can activate your dependents. You and your dependents can enjoy this benefit whether or not you are covered under the Guild’s health care plan.
Follow these easy steps:
1. Visit member.teladoc.com/registrations or call (800) 835-2362
2. Enter the following information in each field and click ‘Continue’
1. First Name:
2. Last Name:
3. Email Address: your primary (personal) email address
4. Phone Number: your primary phone number (cell phone preferred)
5. Date of Birth
6. Do you have a username: Answer No, after you are logged into the system you will be able to create a username and password
7. Who is your employer or insurance provider: Begin to type in NewsGuild Philadelphia, a drop box will appear and click on Newsguild Philadelphia, or if you have healthcare coverage through PMN, type in NewsGuild Teamsters 830. For this purpose, the NewsGuild Philadelphia or NewsGuild Teamsters 830 is considered your employer as they are providing this benefit to you.
3. Follow the rest of the steps to complete your medical history and you’re all set!
Access all of the benefits of TELEADOC from your Apple or Android device. With the Teladoc app you can:
• Request a consultation with a doctor
• Find and select pharmacies close to you
• Review and update your Health Record
• Add family members
• Review previous consultations
It’s as simple as downloading the mobile app, logging in and you’re on your way!
Download the app today: Apple | Android
Your new benefit will give you unlimited, 24/7 access to the care you need from your phone or computer…saving you time and money. Imagine a world without waiting rooms, now you can. To connect with a doctor, call (800) 835-2362 or go to www.teladoc.com.
You will love Teladoc and HealthAdvocate. Activate your account today to start receiving these free health care benefits. If you have any questions about TELADOC or HealthAdvocate, please contact Bill Ross at email@example.com. To connect with a doctor, call (800) 835-2362 or go to www.teladoc.com.